Unable to add new Admin to organization

Hello,

I am currently the only admin of the “GA4GH” organization on Dockstore. I would like to add a second admin user, but am unable to do so.

On the “members” tab of the organization landing page, I click “add user”, then fill out the username ( “yash_puligundla”), and set role to “admin”, then click the submit button. Following this, nothing appears to happen.

Hi,

When you add a user, the user will receive an invitation that they will need to accept. Until they accept the invitation, you won’t see them under the “Members” tab of the organization. Try checking with the person you added and ask them to accept your invitation.

For more information about organization memberships, please visit Organization Memberships.

Kathy

I am having the same problem, but the other admin user has accepted the invitation and the organization appears under “My organizations” on their dashboard. However, when I click on the “Members” tab on the organization page, I am still the only member listed.

Hi,

We can take a look. Which organization is this?

I’m the user that smgogarten is trying to add. It’s true for my account on both the PRIMED and GREGoR organizations (Dockstore and Dockstore). I see them in my dashboard, but not on the organization page.

Hello Ben,

It doesn’t look like you’ve accepted the invitations. To accept:

1. Log into Dockstore
  2. Click the dropdown next to your username at the top right and select “Account”
  3. Click on the Requests tab
  4. At the bottom, you should see the section “Organization Invites” – go ahead and accept there.

Charles

2 Likes

Thank you - that was the problem and solution, indeed!

1 Like